Grain Chip Muffins
تاریخ ارسال: 21 اسفند 1397
These delicious muffins are moist due to the zucchini, springy due to the spelt, low in glycemic index value due to the date sugar, and pretty healthy due to all three. Add chopped nuts for added health value. You may substitute your sweetener of choice, omit the chocolate chips, peel the zucchini - feel free to make the recipe your own. For those with little ones who are picky eaters and/or are particular about the texture of food, puree the zucchini rather than shred it. Any way you go about it, you will end up with a mouth watering treat you can feel good about.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cups Spelt Flour
- ¾ cup Date Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup shredded (or pureed) Zucchini, peeled if you like
- ½ cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Optional: ½ cup chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pans (enough to accommodate one dozen muffins), or line tins with paper muffin/cupcake liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and optional chopped nuts should you choose to add them.
- Fill prepared muffin cups or paper liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a baking thermometer indicates the muffins are fully baked or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.