Heirloom Wheat Kale-Cheese Bread
تاریخ ارسال: 18 اسفند 1397
Our recipe for this moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a company-fancy choice for your bread basket. It’s terrific served with a crisp salad or fresh fruit.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups organic heirloom organic red fife whole grain flour (or other whole wheat flour)
- 1 ¼ cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan . (We used butter.)
- In a large mixing bowl , combine flour, baking powder, garlic, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in kale and feta cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oil, eggs, yogurt, and milk.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Let sit out of the oven 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.